Technical Communicator / Instructional Developer / Software Trainer
“Convey complex ideas simply.”
Technical Data Coordinator
American Axle & Manufacturing, Detroit, MI, 06/2007- 04/2009
- Execute and track data transfers to over 80 global suppliers. Act as a liaison between department, customers and suppliers to address customer service needs and to resolve issues.
- Develop technical presentation materials to promote departmental best practices. Mentor new hires on departmental procedures. Assist in departmental projects’ planning and timing.
Ferndale Career Center, Ferndale, MI, 01/2007 – 04/2007
- Edited, standardized and updated existing job training workshop presentations
Consultant / Instructional Developer
iKnowledge Solutions, Westminster, CO, 01/2006 – 04/2006
- Developed instructional materials for i.get.it, an interactive eLearning software product for the Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) industry. Team succeeded in achieving goals in nine weeks rather than eleven.
General Motors University Engineering College, Warren, MI, 01/2003 – 01/2006
- Designed and developed instructor-led and web-based training software classes for diverse engineering community
- Using ADDIE model, outlined, wrote and edited course content, implemented pilot courses, developed course exercises and user resource documentation
- Created engaging visual and written training materials, conveying technical information to non-technical audiences. Listened to people’s feedback, adapted materials, strove to create ‘Aha’ moments.
General Motors, Warren and Flint, MI, 06/1995 – 01/2003
- Designed and edited complex sheet metal component parts. All components built as parametric solid models. Developed math models from concept through prototype to production.
- At department manager’s request, I developed informal, weekly training workshops to assist designers in learning new processes for building parametric solid models. They were so successful that engineers requested them as well. Training feedback included “highly productive” and “more engineers need this.”
General Motors, Lansing, MI, 03/1991 – 06/1995
- Created and edited large chassis layouts, including service brakes, drive axles and park brakes
Lansing Community College, Lansing, MI, 09/1991 – 06/1993
- Taught beginner and advanced CAD software classes. Tailored classes to students’ varying levels of knowledge and ability.
Montcalm Community College, Ionia, MI, 09/1990 – 06/1991
- Designed and taught beginner and advanced CAD software classes. Developed creative, engaging teaching materials, conveying technical information to students unfamiliar with 2D CAD software and drafting conventions.
Bachelor of Science, College of Engineering in Computer Science
Michigan State University, East Lansing, Michigan